Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Story

Once when I was working on a sales contract in Alaska in 1975. I went to Valdez thinking that I would find prospects. However I found that there was absolutely no interest in what I had to sell. However I learned that after finding that my bank account had zeroed out, and also my gas tank. I had to do something immediately! I told the Lord all about my problems, and then was prompted to go to the local newspaper which had just come out. The help wanted let me know that the high school was advertising for a custodian, and since I had taken building construction in school and had built my own home I felt very qualified. The super attend listened to my qualifications and said, "follow me." We went down to the end classroom of quite a large school, there two men were standing one assisting the other to paint the ceiling of a classroom. Their method was requiring two days to do one classroom. I asked the super attendant don;t you have long handle rollers, or any equipment. He said, "Obviously you know what we need. I will give you the job if you demonstrate what I need. Go down to the store and buy whatever equipment you need." I did this, and went back and started painting two classrooms per day. It had been taking the two men working together two days per classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment